Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Night terrors

Bah. I've been reading about night terrors and that's what the little girl has, alright. And there's nothing I can do but pat her little head and make reassuring noises just in case she fully wakes up in the course of thrashing around. Which she never does, but it at least makes me feel like I'm doing something. She's been crying hard enough lately that even Mark wakes up. Then we've got a bed full of upset people and not much to do but hang in there and hope it passes quickly.

It's my punishment for not being able to maintain a normal bedtime with my goofy work hours. Okay, not really. But it feels like that now, when I'm awake-but-exhausted following a very sleepless night.

Think soothing sleepy baby thoughts for us. I hope with our continued settling in that all our rhythms will sync up and mellow out.

No comments: