Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gaz can

Eat my brains! At breakfast the other day I asked her if she wanted to eat more of whatever it was that was left on her plate. She replied, "No. Eat you brains!" So she walked over to me and make chewing sounds at my head. It was impossibly cute! The retelling does not do it justice.

Assemble a variety of not-too-complicated puzzles (she's doing pretty well with a US map puzzle that has the states separated into groups).

Open the cat accoutrement drawer, which until this week had been too sticky for her to open under her own power.

Speak in sentences. Decent sentences, some of them even complete and grammatically sound (unlike these).

Take off her diaper and yell "run around!" She's pretty much set for college.

She can do so many things. We talk often about all sorts of subjects, and I don't feel like a complete loony like I have in the past for conversing with a kid who couldn't speak yet. She's good. She's got her moments of furious shrieking that inspire me to find caches of patience I didn't even know I had, but for the most part she's a great girl. We've just come off a run of grandparent visits, and even with all the traveling and schedule upheaval, she's been more fun than not. I'm a lucky gal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haz a good god daughter! Mmmm brains..