Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baby's First Big Girl Haircut



Originally uploaded by georgiegrrrrl
By which I mean, the first haircut done by a professional.

Gaz was a total champ the whole time, even though we had a bit of a wait for her turn to come around. She was reasonably compliant with all the "hold your head this way" and "okay, don't move" business, and now she looks (as you can see) fabulous! She got some new headbands as a treat, as they are the one hair taming device she actually enjoys wearing.

I have my fingers crossed that this will help make this summer a bit less unbearable for her. Now it's less of an issue that she refuses to ever consent to ponytails, even during a heat wave.

Us girls are heading down to visit my alma mater tomorrow for a girl's weekend out, so look out for pictures of the impending Hooisierification of Gaz!

4 comments:

Niki said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks in that picture.

Lovely Wife George said...

It's amazing, isn't it? I was grinning like a madwoman the whole time. About halfway through the haircut Gaz told me to go sit down because I was annoying her with my hovering and smiling at her in the mirror. :D

Christina said...

So adorable! A very cute bob.

Melanie said...

I love her new hat! :) Just kidding -- the haircut looks like it will be great for summer! (And I agree with Niki -- so grown-up!)