Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We're here!

I promise! Life continues in a lifelike manner for the Rizen-Mitchell conglomerate. I've been incredibly busy, but (fortunately for you) I've caught a debilitating cold. While I'm useless on other things, I'll try to catch you all up. I apologize in advance for the disjointedness. I've had little G home all day, though, so I am at least not hopped up on anything stronger than Cold-Eeze and Halls.

The holidays were spent with the Mitchells, and we took Auntie Aiiiiieeeeee along with us. There are photos up on Flickr documenting the fun that was had there (and even a bit of the un-fun that was had on the long and snowy drive back north). Gaz received many awesome presents, including a veterinarian play outfit that also does duty as a nurse's outfit. Specifically, she's the nurse from Curious George Goes to the Hospital, only I can't remember the name right now.

School is school. She loves playing with her friends, having gym time, and exploring the science area in her classroom with tweezers (don't ask me!), but she hates circle time and sitting still. Some mornings I have to remind her about the other cool things she gets to do in order to charm her out the door. The psychotic cold and the many layers she has to wear every day for our seven-block stroll are also part of the problem, I think. Finding a place to stash the snow pants at school is also a treat for me, but Gaz likes changing out of snow boots and into her little pink mary janes.

I just received a valentine last week that was completely written by Miss Gaz. It said "Happy Valentines Day" and "I love you" and her name and something that is either "SOLO" or "5010." It's my favorite thing in the world.

She's putting me through my crafty paces the past few days. Over the weekend she asked me to make her a mailbox, which we all ended up helping with but I take credit for the design and drawing the template. Then today, after receiving a Batgirl costume in the mail, she decided that the box would make an excellent Batmobile. I made a steering wheel, dials, and buttons and taped the box just so. Of course, now that that's done, I'm looking at it and the roll of black duct tape we've got hanging around, thinking that maybe Mark needs to give it a makeover tonight.

The Mommy Report is also a thing in progress. I'm not pregnant, but I've got some stuff going on that might bear an announcement in the future. Suffice it to say I've got good reasons for not being more bloggy.

And on that note, I am going to sleep through dinner now that Mark's home.

Oh, I just uploaded some new-new photos, even more recent than Christmas! Also, there's this:

It starts with Gaz singing "Yo Ho Ho, I'm ready to go!" to herself (because she hasn't figured out the difference between pirates and Santa yet, go figure), then hijinks until the teachers try to take control, at which time Gaz rats out another little girl. Precious.

One of these days I will have time to edit down the rest to tolerable-sized pieces. Right now it would take days to upload the files I have. It's a project, and it's cute. You'll just have to forgive me.

2 comments:

Niki said...

I miss you when you're gone, but celebrate when you return.
Sorry it took a cold to get you here, though.
Super curious about possible upcoming announcements...

Lovely Wife George said...

I am curious too! I won't know if there's anything to announce for a while yet. I don't even know how long a while, of course. Would be nice to know how long I have to be antsy.