Monday, January 24, 2011

New Niece!


DSC01726 ps
Originally uploaded by malicious planet
One week ago today, Mark and I got a new niece and Gaz got a new cousin. My brother Sean and his wife Hillary welcomed little Trixie into the world with a bit of drama, but that seems to be the way with these Rizen babies anymore.

Gaz is very, very excited, particularly since she just got to meet her future godbrother, Gabe, earlier in the month. She was very good about sitting calmly, and even sang to him and rocked him a little as he slept. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Until we get down to Kentucky, that is!

Or, if we could get all the goils together in one place . . .we might all develop pink poisoning, but I'm sure it would be precious.

Now, Trixie is not her standard issue nickname, but unfortunately I have a bad habit of giving Gaz multiple nicknames and using them often. I've been calling her Bee for years for no good reason, and while I have tried very hard to stop, I figured an alternate nickname would probably be safe to avoid confusion. Fortunately for me, Trixie's other auntie had the same idea! So now we can both go on annoying our respective siblings. The world is as it should be. Gaz is so pleased with the new cousin that she isn't even insisting that she (Trixie) be named after her (Gaz) anymore. Now that's love.

If anyone can spare a good thought for Trixie, she's being a lazy nurser and isn't bulking up as fast as a baby ought to. I am confident she'll figure it out sooner or later, but I'm sure she'd appreciate some cheerleaders. :)

1 comment:

Niki said...

Congrats!