Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The darnedest things

Gaz gets completely silly over the stragest things. Right now she's really into my "jelly midriff." Any time my belly ends up exposed she smiles and reaches out to grab a fistful of skin and fat and when she can (like when I'm laying on the floor nearby while she's sitting playing with her toys) she'll lean over and rest her forehead on my flab. I keep telling her that on the other side of the stretch marks is the place where she lived for a number of months, but she's mostly just enamored of the squishiness.

We have two other new fun games, too. "Up and down" starts with her laying down next to me, usually on the couch, and then I'll hold her hands and pull her up to either sitting or standing depending on how straight she's holding her legs while saying "up" and then laying her back down while saying "down." There doesn't seem to be a time limit on how entertaining this game can be. The other game is the "move Mama's head" game, wherein she'll push my face away from her to one side and then giggle like a maniac when I turn my head back to look at her. This game eventually gets boring, and then she wants to be pushed up into the air, but I don't do that much since it aggravates my tendinitis. That's more of a Dad game, and when he does it he always prefaces it with "do you want to go whooosh?" It's amazing how quickly she'll go from fussy to ecstatic just by popping her up in the air above your head.

We're going to have some pretty beefy, burly arms from doing all these lifts and presses with the heavy baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloooooo!!

It is I, the Babs, of "Babs and Stan"!

I'm glad I've found this blog so I can at least READ about teh Gaz. :) Say hi to all and kiss that adorable chile o' yers for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Guys. It's Melinda. Thanks very much for starting the Blog and keeping it updated. I love to read about Gaz, even if I'm not there "in the flesh".

Blow on her tummy for me, if you would.