Friday, January 6, 2006

on the tooth front

One of those front teeth is finally definitely on the move. At the rate these bums have been moving there's no telling when either will emerge, but they're definitely closer to the bottom edge of her gum now. My money's on the left one but I've been wrong plenty of times.

Weighed the Gaz yesterday and she was 23 lbs. I'd previously cut myself off from weighing her because I was getting bent out of shape with what looked like a lack of growth from week to week, so now I'll just weigh her once a monthish and not at all on the months where she's got a doctor appointment. Their scales are better than me weighing us together and then just me and doing the math. I think we all know how great I am at the math. Anyway, what this means is that it's time to put the 9 mo. clothes away, which is something that occurred to me when I put her in one of the 9 mo. sleepers earlier in the week. So we're totally in the 12 monthers now, with an eye to trying on some of the 18 mo. outfits to see how they fit.

She's really enamored of toys these days and will play happily by herself for increasing amounts of time. Meals are much less of a problem now that she's happy in the doorway jumper while food is being prepared (most days) and will cheerfully play with a toy while sitting next to one of us on the couch while the grown ups eat. That's pretty awesome. This morning she chewed away on a teething ring (one made of solid plastic beads, which is quite fun to throw as well) and when I looked up at her she let go of the ring, letting it hang in her mouth, while she smiled up at me. She looked like an adorable puppy-child. :)

Another fun game lately is to lean forward to touch something while sitting up, then to lean back into whatever's back there, and repeat. It works best on the couch but she'll try it on the floor when she's sitting in her Boppy too.

No comments: