Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reteething

Gaz has six (SIX!) teeth coming in right now. All four six-year molars and the two lower incisors. I have tried to explain to the molars that, really, they can wait a bit, but it hasn't worked. The two on her left side are almost totally out. The others are lagging a bit (the top more than the bottom), but I suspect this has something to do with her chewing more on the left side than the right.

Her irritating habit of wanting to bite my fingers suddenly makes sense. Again.

You would think that since she's infinitely more verbal than she was last time we went through this that she would let us know early and often when her mouth is paining her, but just like in the good old days, crankiness is the first and most reliable sign of mouth discomfort. Now that we have chewable pain reliever stuff at least she doesn't fight us on that. She doesn't trust any medicinal liquid, and I don't blame her. Most of them are nasty.

As noted in my earlier post, pictures are indeed uploaded. And now that I have adjusted the link to point to the latest set, you can even find them.

In other news, Mark has introduced Gaz to Ultraman. Her geek/nerd culture education continues apace.

In other, other news, I just heard Gaz announce to Mark that "Now I'm going to label you!" Whatever this means, I should probably supervise.

ETA: "Mommy, I just labeled Daddy and he's worth two nickles. We can buy him with just one dime!"

No comments: