Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Monday, Columbus Day, Gaz had the day off school, so I had to take a day from work for childcare. We went to the Field Museum with these passes George had received, and amid our various adventures, we wandered into a taxidermied-animal room with a lot of art students sitting and sketching. Well, after seeing what they were doing, Gaz asked for paper and a pen. She spent the next hour or so making tiny pen sketches on my little notebook.

At some point, we'll have to post some of the sketches, but all the way home, Gaz was on about going and finding things to sketch, and how she was going to make her room into an art studio. When I mentioned indoor still lifes, she was amazed. She didn't do anything about it yesterday, but I come home tonight to see a number of sketches of various household items. Also a birthday song to Batman, but that is incidental.


2 comments:

Niki said...

1. Field Museum is awesome.
2. Sketching is a great past time.
3. I wanna see her sketches.

Lovely Wife George said...

I have pictures scanned at last, but I will probably forget to upload them for another few weeks or so.