Monday, November 21, 2005

big fat weekend of big milestoney things

Oh oh oh, where to begin?

First, you can really see that little tooth sticking out now. Well, you can see it when Gaz stops rubbing her gums with her tongue for a few seconds, which doesn't happen all that often. You've got to spend a lot of time staring at her mouth to catch it and after a while she gets bored and a little suspicious.

She's figured out that she's not completely helpless against the icky faux grape taste of Tylenol. Now she clamps her mouth shut and cries before someone doses her.

Rolling over has been mastered! Of course Dad was the first one to witness the rolling from back to tummy and back to the back, but I've seen it now and I imagine Lisa will see it this week, too. Very exciting! The pictures are not so much of the process, but of the end result and so will probably not be uploaded yet. I imagine there will be many cute Thanksgiving pictures that will be more of a priority. Getting to see Grandma Judy and Grandpa Will, Emily and Kyle and the goils, and everyone else will be wonderful fun, I'm sure. I can't wait to see how Gaz takes it all. She loooooves babies but I don't think she's seen many kids up close and personal.

Diapering is more interesting now, since she's figured out velcro (the disposables we use have those nice reclosable fasteners) and she's also figured out that her hand reaches down to crotch level. Not only do I have to keep her feet from getting into the dirty diapers, I have to keep hands out too. I need more hands myself.

Most importantly, Gaz can now stick her left big toe in her mouth and suck on it. She's been working on this ever since she found her toes. Usually she does this while laying on her back, but I hear tell that she sometimes tries to get toes to mouth while sitting up in her Boppy. She keeps a gal on her toes, that's for sure. I did manage to get one good shot of her sucking on toes, so that should go up just as soon as holiday preparations and sleep deprivation stop trying killing me.

No comments: