Thursday, December 1, 2005

oh, so many things

1. We have two teeth out now, both on the bottom. These teeth have started biting me in uncomfortable places.

2. Gaz is now even more than ever enchanted and distracted by The World (TM), which directly contributes to the biting and also her general distractedness with things like nursing.

3. She's trying really hard to sit up by herself. She succeeds sometimes when she's on a lap, but when she's on her own she mostly ends up eating toes. Not that she minds that at all. I think she might just fold forward just so she can suck on her toes while looking at things more interesting than the ceiling. Then there's also those times when she manages the sitting without going completely head-to-toes, but ends up going to one side. It's pretty amusing and someone is always close at hand to prevent any head bumps.

4. She's got rolling down pat. I've gotten over the fact that she shows off fun new tricks first for Mark and not me. I like to think that when I'm around she'd rather look at me and when Mark is around she's plotting an escape attempt. :)

5. It looks like the legs are ready for crawling, but now we've got to wait for the arms to catch up. She still doesn't hold herself up straight-armed, but I expect that's not far off.

6. This morning before I left for work she was standing on my lap (with me holding her steady, of course) and she discovered jumping. It was all fun and games until Mama got tired of being bonked on the chin with a smiling baby head. Gaz was completely unfazed in her excitement over having found this fun new thing to do with her legs. Weeee!

More as I remember, memory being a luxury some weeks (like this one).

No comments: