Friday, April 30, 2010

Tantrums and Behavior

Gaz has been taking me to the park just about every other day. We have some friends we see there, and she always makes friends when she goes to playgrounds, anyway, but it's good to see some regulars.

What's interesting, though, is how she's been reacting to time to go. I usually have us rolling just before seven in the evening, but sometimes she kind of throws a fit. Sometimes I have to coax her out from under the playground equipment, and I almost have to pick her up and carry her away.

Other times, she's ready. Like, most recently, I said "we have an hour, and I'm setting my watch timer." So, when the last few seconds counted down, I held the watch near her, and when it beeped, she looked up, and immediately took off down the path toward home. Her playmate looked all confused, I had to shout after Gaz to have her say goodbye, and then she was booking it so fast, I had to chase after her.

I don't know why that is. Sometimes, she's ready to go, sometimes she's too engaged to want to stop what she's doing. I suppose that's true of anyone, but with a smaller child, the mechanics of it are so much more out in the open.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to hear someone's thoughts in a case like that? To be able to tell if there is gonna be an issue and why there is an issue?

Mark said...

Heck, I been wishing for telepathy since I was 12. Soooo many more applications than just that. :P