Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Vocab!

So, the other night, we're doing the cool-down in the bed, waiting for Mom, and we're goofing off and she laughs, and then tells me very seriously (albeit smiling-ly) "I screamed with laughter!"

"People also say 'shrieked.' 'I shrieked with laughter.'"

"Shrieked!"

It's much better when she learns words as opposed to what she's learning on the playground. No, not sex and drugs ... poop jokes!

We've got a playground friend who is friendly and enthusiastic and a fair bit bossy; it's only just recently that Gaz is beginning to stand her ground. But anyway, once they were on the tire swing, and I was pushing them around, as one does on the tire swing, and friend starts telling a joke. And it's always something like this:

"I've got a joke!"

"If it's anything like your others, I don't think that..."

"Who put the poop in the toaster and put the toaster in the potty?"

"That's actually pretty disgusting..."

"YOU DID!" (pointing at me and shrieking with laughter)

And it goes on like that. It's not even jokes, just an excuse to talk about disgusting things and make fun of Dad, basically. Which I'm up for, that's fine. But somebody's got to play the straight man, I suppose, and I'd really rather have, like, an actual punchline. Heck, even a banal, Carrot-Top-like observation would be fine. But maybe I'm spending too much time sabotaging our small appliances in disgusting ways. If you ask Gaz on the playground, that's all I seem to do.

No comments: