Wednesday, January 30, 2013

(transcribed from Facebook; I wish we had a widget that would do this automatically)

To avoid dwelling on my increasingly crappy-ass week, I'm going to tell some Gaz stories.

The other day, I came up the stairs and saw a sign taped to the door, "Jordon College."  I'm sure she meant Jordan, because that's the college where Lyra grew up in "The Golden Compass," which we've been reading.

Turns out, Gaz not only declared the apartment a college, she also cut her own aleithiometer out of posterboard and decorated it nicely, complete with tiny symbols.

She also cut a polar bear head out of the same sheet of posterboard, and taped it to the arm of the couch, reasoning that it was the largest piece of furniture she could climb on that wasn't a bed.

I have to hand it to her, she really does have fun with a book.

No comments: