Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We were discussing movies to watch in this weekend's mini-B-Fest (we get to watch movies late into the night and much of the next day, and George gets to study up so maybe we can do a family thing on Sunday).  I brought up a time-travel movie I think she'd like, and she asks if it has the Doctor in it.

So I start describing in very general terms what "Time Bandits" is like, and I bring up the fact that it has John Cleese and Michael Palin in it, from Monty Python.  It took a couple of tries to describe John Cleese, until she goes "Oh, it's the 'And now for something completely different,' guy!"

"Yes, and Michael Palin dresses up to be the 'It's...' guy."

Then we digressed, and long story short, this next Halloween, we'll either be doing Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls, Wednesday Addams, or she'll be in old age drag, going up to people and not saying "Trick or treat" but saying "It's..." before I hit the recording of Sousa.  As you do.

No comments: