Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gaz at the Zoo!

Sunday we took a little trip down to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was a lovely autumn day. Gaz loved the black and white tamarins and leopards but pretty much ignored the rest of the animals. She fell asleep just in time for us to find the children's zoo area (a recent addition) then we all had popcorn and went home.

One interesting thing--it was breastfeeding day at the zoo. Gaz needed to refuel twice, we saw another lady near the seals, and in the new ape house there was a breastfeeding couple among the chimpanzees. It's almost as if the universe was saying "I condone public breastfeeding!" At least that's what I like to think. I'm getting more comfortable nursing her away from the comfortable pillows at home. I've got to start feeding her sans support cushions at home every now and again so I don't have so much of that initial awkwardness as I try to remember how I did it last time.

If you ever need a good laugh and have a baby handy, try to get your hands on some baby sunglasses. I swear my daughter looks like Bono. It's hilarious.

No comments: